Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Follow-up to Yesterday's Post

So, here's the follow-up to the Super Doubles post yesterday.
Retail prices on the items pictured below, plus tax, would total $37.40 without sales or coupons.
I paid $10.68.



That's two store-brand gallons of milk, two 18-packs of fish sticks, two containers of cinnamon apples, and two 3-packs of pork chops.

Here's how I did it.

Harris Teeter milk is usually $3.89 per gallon, but was on sale for $2.97
Mrs. Paul's fish sticks are usually $4.79, but were on BOGO and I had two $1 coupons that doubled... making each box $0.395
Hormel sides are usually $3.99, "on sale" for $3.97(?!) but I had two $1 coupons that doubled... making each container $1.97
Bone-in pork chops are usually $4.99/lb. These packs were on BOGO. When HT runs a meat sale like this, try to get packs as close in price as possible for maximum savings. These were 1.13 and 1.14 lbs, and would have cost $11.33 on a regular week. Instead, they were half price and I used two $1 coupons that doubled, so I paid $0.835 per pack. (Get your $1 off fresh pork printable coupon HERE.)

Stay tuned! This post was to reinforce how much you can save with coupons and sales. I'm going to finish my coffee and then put together a huge post of the best deals this week at local stores, in order to walk you through the process step-by-step.

No comments:

Post a Comment