Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Homemade pizza

When you find yourself with leftover ingredients from other recipes, you need a way to use them so they're not wasted. We do a fair job of planning meals around here to minimize waste. For example, we might make BLT sandwiches one night, have the leftover bacon with breakfast the next day, and use the leftover lettuce and tomato in tacos for dinner. Another favorite around here is salad bar night; if I have veggies, fruit, and meat, I'll chop it all up and let everyone build their own salads.

I made that special bean dip for my husband the other day, and had a little bit of onion and black olives left over. We also made calzones last week, so I had pepperoni and shredded cheese.

I put ingredients in the bread machine for pizza dough using this recipe I found online, and mixed up a batch of sauce using this recipe. It turned out pretty good, for my first attempt. Next time, I'll divide the dough and the sauce into two pizzas; ours turned out pretty thick. The flavor was spot-on, though, and our younger kid raved about it for days. I think she's looking forward to helping with the next homemade pizza.

 Onions on only half, for the adults

Next up: Trip #2 to Super Doubles

No comments:

Post a Comment