Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday ads and muffin recipe

It's Wednesday! That means new ads for some stores.

MoolaSavingMom has posted matchups for Harris Teeter, for Lowe's, and for Food Lion
SouthernSavers has also posted matchups for Harris Teeter and for Food Lion. Their Lowe's matchup should be posted shortly.

If you have kids, you probably buy bananas every now and then. They're a perfect fruit: very portable and pre-portioned. I don't know about you, but every time I buy bananas, there's at least one sad one at the bottom of the fruit bowl at the end of the week. I have a sneaky suspicion that my kids leave it there so I'll make muffins or banana bread.

I don't know what it is about this generation that's coming along. Maybe the National Prune Council or somesuch has done a great PR job, but kids today don't shrink back in disgust when you say 'prune' like we did when we were kids. It's no longer associated with that vile juice that your great-great-aunt once drank. They are now dried plums or prunes with orange essence.



Our generation still does the grocery shopping, though, so coupons abound. I snag a couple of bags every time they're a good deal, because I found this recipe for Banana Prune Muffins that my kids adore. It works well with regular prunes or the ones with orange essence.


...And, let me just say that the Prune Council and my kids have almost convinced me not to shudder every time I hear the word 'prune'. In this recipe, they taste kind of like big, juicy raisins. Good stuff!



No comments:

Post a Comment